Tulln an der Donau
Bildleiste
 



» City Map 
» Imprint 
Schrift: A  A  A
Tullner Messe
NÖ Landesgartenschau 2008
Donau Niederösterreich

Frauenhofen
Bild: Wallfahrtskirche in Frauenhofen
Frauenhofen, a long-meadow village, is already documented in 985. Its name originates from "Fronhof" ("Lord's Court"). In 1344/46, the chartreuse Mauerbach acquired the village and built an estate and a church. After the disbanding of the ruling of the Mauerbachs the estate went into private property in 1810. Between 1873 and 1900, it belonged to the industrialist Fritz v. Hoffmansthal, whose nephew Hugo v. Hoffmannsthal, creator of "Jedermann", spent some time of his youth in Frauenhofen.
 
Klein Staasdorf
As the most southern village of the municipality Tulln Klein Staasdorf lies on the edge of the Tullnerfeld. Situated at the Flachberg, it borders on the Wienerwald (Viennese Forest) and is a district of the village Staasdorf.
 
Langenlebarn
Bild: Pfarrkirche Langenlebarn
The largest, since 1972 with Tulln united neighbouring village is Langenlebarn. It was first documented in 1120 under the name of "Levarin" ("Hill"); These hills (originally prehistorical barrows, nowadays levelled) were named as eastern border points of Passau's properties already in 836. They, as well as Passau's wolf, are embedded in the market's coat of arms.
moreLangenlebarn
 
Mollersdorf
Bild: Glockenturm in Mollersdorf
The westernmost village of the former municipality Neuaigen is Mollersdorf. The village is older than Neuaigen und is already documented in 1251 as "Malmanchesdorf". At the entrance to Mollersdorf, there is a beautiful column dedicated to Virgin Mary from 1856, to which high-water marks have been fixed. In the centre of the village is a modern belltower.
 
Neuaigen
Bild: Schloss Neuaigen
The municipality Neuaigen, consisting of Neuaigen, Trübensee and Mollersdorf, was joined to Tulln in 1972. In 1277, the village is first documented as "newen Aigen", in 1354 as "Aigen pei Trebensee" Since the mid-14th century, the village belonged to the noble family of Puchheim. In 1494, that family built the château in the style of the renaissance. After frequent changes of the owners, it went into the property of the Breuner-Enkevoirt family, who are also the owners of Grafenegg.
 
Nitzing
Bild: Römischer Meilenstein
Nitzing is an old agricultural settlement, the village was first named in 1150. Nitzing is a typical "Lentil Meadow Village”, meaning, the unusually large village green is shaped like a lentil, which indicates a planned founding. The village chapel from the 19th century is located on the village green.

On the street from Tulln to Königstetten, on the right there is a Roman milestone from the 3rd century. It is still located in its original place and marks a Roman main connection street (Imperial street) with postal traffic.
 
Staasdorf
Bild: Spätbarocke Kapelle
Findings in the soil indicate a settlement in ancient times and then again in Carolingian times. Staasdorf is mentioned in a document of King Rudolf I. under the name of "Steurdorf". Until the end of the 19th century, the stream "Kleine Tulln" (formerly "Staasbach") runs through the village.

The late Baroque chapel in Staasdorf is consecrated to St. Eustachius and was built in 1739 for local services.
 
Trübensee
Bild: Gedenkstein in Trübensee
Already in 985, this village is documented as "Trebinse" (originating from the Slavic person's name "Trepa" in connection with "See" ("lake") for an old branch of the danube). In the time of the Babenbergers, Trübensee experienced an upward trend as northern mooring of Tulln's Danube crossing.

The fall of Tulln's "sister city" began when the concentration of grain trade on Korneuburg and with the moving of the Danube's main stream to the south. In the 17th century, Trübensee was only regarded as a village, its former significance documented by a memorial stone.
 




 » Homepagestadtamt@tulln.at            Stadtgemeinde Tulln    Minoritenplatz 1    A-3430 Tulln    +43 (0) 2272 690 0 
Valid XHTML 1.0   Valid XHTML 1.0